CHRONOLOGY OF NEW YORK CITY'S FACTUAL
Researched and Compiled by Miriam Medina
SOURCE OF INFORMATION FOR THE 1600S
1) * (NYS history)History of New York State 1523-1927,
Publisher: Lewis Historical Publishing Company, Inc.-New
York, Chicago. Copyright: 1927 Volume I and V.
2)* (Hollanders) Hollanders Who Helped Build America;
Authors: Prof. Dr. Bernard H. M. Vlekke and Rev. Dr. Henry
Beets. Publisher: American Biographical Company-N.Y.C.
3)* (eojk) "The Encyclopedia of Jewish Knowledge (in one
volume) Edited by: Jacob De Haas (in collaboration with more
than one hundred and fifty scholars and specialists)
Publisher: Behrman's Jewish Book House-New York Copyright:
4) Concise Dictionary of American History. Publisher:
Charles Scribner's Sons___New York. Copyright: 1940, 1962
5) * Historic Towns of the Middle States. Publisher: G.P.
Putnam's Sons. Copyright: 1899.
6)* (honycdpd) History of New York City from the
discovery to the Present day. Virtue & Yorston (1872)
7) * (A&C) Annals and Concurrences of New York City and
State in the Golden Time, John Fanning Watson, Philadelphia,
H.F. Anners, 1846.
8) * (Epic) The Epic of New York City, a Narrative History.
Edward Robb Ellis. Old Town Books-New York. Copyright: 1966
9) The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia In Ten Volumes, The
Century Company-New York (1889)
10) * (bwy) The Greatest Street in the World; The Story of
Broadway, Old and New, from the Bowling Green to Albany, G.P.
Putnam's Sons-New York The Knickerbocker Press (1911)
11) The Old Merchants of New York City, Carleton,New York
City (1863) Walter Barrett
12) * (fff) Joseph Nathan Kane "Famous First Facts" (5th
edition) The H.W. Wilson Company-N.Y. (1997)
13) *C.E. The Columbia Encyclopedia Third Edition edited by
William Bridgwater and Seymour Kurtz Publisher: Columbia
University Press-New York (1968)
14) * (eafd) (eoafd)The Encyclopaedia of American Facts and Dates;
by Gorton Carruth, Harper Collins Publishers, Ninth Edition
15) American Inns & Taverns by Elise Lathrop, Tudor
Publishing Co., Copyright: 1926
16) *(nycp&p) New York city, past and present; thirty
photogravure illustrations, with statistics. New York, John
Pettit realty company 
17) *(hocny) History of the city of New York: from its
earliest settlement to the present time; W.R.C. Clark & Co.
New York (1860)
18) *(olcia) The oldest Lutheran church in America: a brief
chronicle of events in the history of the Evangelical
Lutheran Church of Saint Matthew in the City of New York
1664-1914. New York: The Church, 1914.
19) * (mccny) Manual of the Common Council of New York,
George P. Putnam, (1852) D.T. Valentine
20) * (ajtg) A Jewish Tourist's Guide To The U.S., The
Jewish Publication Society of America (1954) by Postal and
21) * (borobx) The Great North Side; or; Borough
of the Bronx, New York, Anonymous; New York, Knickerbocker
22) * (histguide) Historical Guide to the
City of New York; Anonymous, New York., F.A. Stokes Co,
23) * (Huguenot Migration) The Huguenot Migration in
Europe and America, Its Cause and Effect by C. Malcolm B.
Gilman, M.D., ScD. Honorary President General, The National
Huguenot Society; National Trustee, Sons of the American
Revolution; Copyright: 1962 Publisher: The Arlington
Laboratory For Clinical and Historical Research, Colts Neck,
24) *(owc) Our whole country; or,
The past and present of the United States, historical and
descriptive. In two volumes By John Warner Barber ... and
Henry Howe ...Cincinnati, H. Howe, 1861.
25) * (cdony)
Cradle Days of New York 1609-1825 by Hugh Entwistle
McAtamney; Drew & Lewis, Publishers 1909
26) * (lcr) "Lost
Chapters Recovered From the Early History of American
Methodism by Rev. J.B. Wakeley Published by Carlton &
Porter-New York 1858
27) * (honysy) History of New York
Ship Yards by John H. Morrison Press of Wm. F. Sametz &
Co.-New York 1909
28) * (jama) Survey of Jamaica : borough
of Queens, New York City. New York: Jamaica Board of Trade,
29) *(man1853) Manual of the
Corporation of the City of New York by D.T. Valentine 1853
30) * (n.i.e.) The New International Encyclopedia 1902-1905
Dodd, Mead and Company-New York 21 volumes
31) * (nahist)
The Story of a Street: A Narrative History of Wall Street
from 1644 to 1908; New York: Harper & Bros., 1908, 217 pgs.
32) * (man1869) Manual of the Corporation of the City of New
York; Joseph Shannon; 1869
33) * (E.L.I.) Early Long Island, A Colonial Study by Martha
Bockee Flint; G.P. Putnam's Sons 1896
34) * The story of the volunteer fire department of the city
of New York by George William Sheldon New York: Harper &
35) * valentine's Manual of Old New York No. 7, New Series
1923; Edited by Henry Collins Brown, Copyright: 1922 Henry
36) * Brooklyn daily eagle 9/25/1901
37) * New York: A Historical Sketch of the Rise and Progress
Of the Metropolitan City of America by a New Yorker,
Published by Carlton & Phillips-New York: 1853.
38) * The Brooklyn Daily Eagle January 2, 1898
39) * A Summary Historical, Geographical and Statistical
View of the City of New York; Published by J.H. Colton & Co.
40) * Illustrated History of the Borough of Queens, New York
City; by George Von Skal; Compiled By F.T. Smiley Publishing
Co., New York City 1908.
41) * New York: Old & New, Its Story, Streets, and Landmarks
by Rufus Rockwell Wilson J.B. Lippincott
42) * The story of New Amsterdam by William R. Shepherd, Ph.
D., L.H.DE. Professor of History in Columbia University-New
Table of Contents 1600s
to "Factual First" Main Directory